Term one classes - Tuesday
Registration for classes, 2019
Dog Sport Basics...
Once you have passed Canine Good Basics you can then join our Dog Sport Basics class. This class was originally called Essential Skills 2, but as it is a mixture of activities that could lead on to other dog related activities the name was changed to more accurately reflect this.
This class builds on the basic skills gained from the CGB class and introduces you and your dog to new activities. These will both improve your relationship with your dog as well as giving you the skills to continue with other activities at club and beyond.
We work on Canine good Citizen exercises, Obedience and Rally-O exercises as well as balance and fitness exercises using some agility foundation exercises.
What to bring each week depends on the roster - keep an eye on the facebook group.
Please bring to class each week:-
- Toy your dog likes to tug with
- Food rewards (e.g. Possyum or Chunky dog roll available from PaknSave or Upper Hutt produce, liver cake, luncheon chubb etc
- cut into small pieces)
- in a solid plastic container with a lid (NOT in a plastic bag)
- Do NOT bring dried food or treats that crumbles and fall apart.
- Poo bags
Canine Good citizen.
Every week you MUST bring poobags and we will check to see your dog is wearing a current registration disc .
Other items you may need to bring include: grooming tools, food bowls etc. Your instructor will let you know what to bring each week.
Bring running shoes, a toy your dog likes, clicker, food rewards. You may need to bring additional items - your instructor will let you know.
You will be learning some of the skills listed below.
- Go round Cones/wings
- Balance on a pod
- Tricks for a good supple body
- Planks, confidence and balance
- Ladder for balance and control
Using your dog's food during term.
We want you to have the best chance of learning new things at club, and putting both you and your dog in the best frame of mind for learning is the way to achieve this.
In regards to your dog this means:
- Bring a hungry dog to training
- Bring a dog with energy to training
1. Halt-sit-walk around dog
2. Recall to front
3. loose lead walking
4. Meet and greet another person/dog
5. Turns during walking
6. Figure of eight (swap sides)
7. Go through short tunnel
8. Calm when tied up, 30 seconds