In agility we start with Foundation training and work our way to Beginners, and then Competition Agility. Agility is about learning good manners and knowing how to play too! It's about gaining confidence and skills using agility equipment. Agility training is a great way to exercise your dog, yourself and to provide your dog with the stimulation that learning something new provides. Dogs will build on their confidence as they learn to traverse agility equipment and you perform new moves. As a result they will become a much happier dog.
The top 5 reasons why you want to do agility with your dog:
1. It's fun!
2. It's a confidence-booster.
3. It improves communication between you and your dog.
4. It improves focus.
5. It encourages physical and mental activity.
We have a number of experienced coaches who will help you to train your dog to traverse a wide range of different obstacles, and then link them together into sequences and courses.
Foundation and Beginner Agility classes are held on Wednesdays at 6.30 p.m. Competition Agility classes are held on Wednesdays at 5:30 and 7.30 p.m.
Requirements for those enrolling are:
1. Dog must be at least 12 months old.
2. Dog must have passed Canine Good basics and have a good level of control (some exercises require dogs to be off-lead).
3. You should be able to run with your dog off lead, under control.
4. Dog's temperament must be such that it is able to cope with a busy environment. Aggressive dogs are therefore not permitted.
Agility Patches: We have available to Club members the following patches:
If you think you might qualify see the agility coordinator.